Sunday, September 23, 2007

Daddy Day

This weekend has gone by way too fast. Brandon was able to come spend a day with us and it was the first time the kids have seen him in almost 3 weeks. Feels like it had already been months since we last saw him. He got in late Friday night and had to leave early this morning after breakfast. He's already back in Dallas and hard at work again. Brandon told me that he added up his hours that he worked last week and from Monday to Friday he had 83 hours. That doesn't count the entire day last Sunday that he worked so he is definately a bit stressed out right now. I've never seen him so exhausted as he was while he was here. He slept in Sat. morning and pretty much napped any time we weren't doing anything yesterday. We took Peyton and Ryan to the zoo and that was our main event yesterday. The kids and I were just so happy to see him that it didn't matter that we laid around the rest of the day!
This morning was hard...I started trying to prepare Peyton yesterday for daddy leaving today but it still didn't go well. She stood in the driveway screaming his name and crying as he drove off this morning. She has been extremely moody today so I'm trying extra hard to keep her entertained. We just got back from Gattiland and she is down for a nap. Hopefully she will wake up in a happy mood! Three weeks down, three more to go.
Brandon if you are reading this, thank you for coming home this weekend! We had fun and lots of good daddy time. I'm praying for you this week and hope we get to see you again soon. Love you!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love that you've been blogging so much while you've been in Abilene! I know it's hard while Brandon's away, but I'm so glad your parents are able help you.