Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Back to Blogging

Brandon left this morning for his month and half long trip. I have no idea when I will see him or how often between now and the end of October. He leaves the country on Saturday and will be overseas for the week and then he will be in Dallas the rest of the time. Please pray that he has a safe trip. I decided to stay here for the entire month of September with the kids. My plan is to go to Abilene the first two weeks of October. I'm sure by then I will be in desparate need of a break! So, now that I'm home alone with no one to have a decent conversation with I'm sure I will be blogging a bit more than usual! Peyton will be going to mother's day out every day this month so I will have a little bit of a break for at least 4 hours every day. Ryan is teething right now and it is sucking! He cries all the time and we still don't have one tooth yet. I don't remember Peyton having a hard time at all when she got teeth so this is a new thing I'm dealing with. I thought we had Peyton's potty training down, but I was wrong! The first two weeks we started she had hardly any accidents and loved going to the potty. I was excited because I hadn't expected it to be so easy. We were wearing pull ups and everything was going great. For some reason on the 3rd week she decided going to the potty wasn't so cool after all. We have battled and struggled the past two weeks. She doesn't want to go and gets upset when you take her in there and make her sit. She will purposely wait until you put a new pull up on her and then she'll go after she just got off the potty. So, I am not willing to keep spending a fortune on the pull ups and fighting with her so we are back in diapers. One of my friends had a similar thing happen with her daughter and their doctor told her that she wasn't ready to be potty trained. I figured we would wait another couple of months and try again. Peyton has all kinds of issues when Brandon is gone anyways so I'm not going to add to it! Peyton will be starting dance class next week. It is a 30 minute class that is a combo of tap and ballet for 2 year olds. I'm hoping that goes well. I think she is going to love it! Anytime there is music playing she starts dancing and she watched her friend Kylie do this class last year and she is always copying what she saw Kylie do.
I hope this month goes by quickly! I am going to try and keep myself busy. I signed up for a Beth Moore study on Tuesday mornings with Lifepoint. We've got enough things going on with our own church that should help fill the time as well. Who knows, maybe this time alone with the kids will be wonderful! Maybe I'll get some new habits and routines started so I'm not so bored and down all the time. I bought a new pilates work out video today. It has 5 different 10 minute workouts targeting separate areas of the body. I figured I would start with that since I'm working out 0 minutes a day at the moment. I'll let you know how that goes later this week!

No comments: