Thursday, April 24, 2008

Peyton's first hair cut!




I know you are getting sick of seeing so many pictures of the kids, so I will take a break after this post! Peyton had her very first hair cut today. I was so proud of her because she did a wonderful job. I was apprehensive about taking her because we are going through a shy phase again where she is completely uncomfortable talking to strangers much less letting one touch her. I found a hair salon just for kids and decided that would be the best place to go if they provided fun distractions. Peyton sat in that chair like a big girl and did exactly what the lady asked her to. Her hair had gotten pretty long and was just looking really ragged and uneven. I love her long hair so we just had about 2 inches taken off to even things out and make it look healthier. The staff was really nice, but I don't think I'll go back to this particular hair place. It took about 5 minutes total! They sprayed her hair wet with a spray bottle, did the quick cut, and then charged me $15. Yes, that was $15...no wash or style. I guess that is the going rate for dealing with fidgety children these days or the built in compensation for dealing with brats who don't want their hair cut. My child was neither of these on this particular day so we should have gotten a discount! :-) Anyhow...sorry I don't have any after pictures of Peyton. My camera is currently in China with Brandon so I had to borrow my mom's camera and it has some issues. Like I said, it was just 2 inches so she doesn't look that different. We did get a neat keepsake certificate for our haircut as well as the first lock of hair that was cut.

4 comments:

Erin said...

That's great! Her hair was (and probably still is) so long! It's really pretty. I'm glad she was such a good girl!

Anonymous said...

That's my little girl! Great job Peyton! Man, sucks that I missed out on that but I'm so glad that she did well. How cool.

Ryan's going to need one if those curls keep getting any longer on the back of his head!

Ladybug said...

Never, ever, ever sick of seeing photos of your little ones!

Glad it was a good experience for all!

monique said...

Hey Cindy! I finally found your blog. The kids are just beautiful. Glad to see you guys are doing so well. We do still miss you both in Sugar Land.