Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Catching Up

Well, I completely intended to blog during the holidays but just got too busy with family and playing Rock Band. We've had a lot going on the past few weeks and I can't believe Christmas is already over. I feel like it just totally passed me by this year and I'm still a little sad about that! We had a good Christmas. Our church, Resonate Community, helped head up a very successful Orange Santa program here in Hutto and we were able to give toys to about 220 kids. That was extremely rewarding and I'm looking forward to doing that again next year. All of my family came and stayed with us for several days during Christmas. My mom and dad bought a house here in Hutto, just 2 miles away from us, and they will be moving here from Abilene in 2 weeks. I am so excited to have grandparents so close! Maybe Brandon and I can start dating again and have some time for sanity to return!
Ryan just turned 10 months old and has FINALLY gotten his first tooth. I think Peyton had 5 or 6 by the time she was this old. He started crawling at 9 months and he is into everything right now. He's also pulling up on anything he can get a steady grip on. He has quite the personality and is so much fun to play with. Peyton is in the midst of the terrible two's. Hitting is our newest thing these days and time out isn't working much. She doesn't listen at all and I'm having trouble with her eating habits these days too. You may see us on an episode of Super Nanny here soon if things don't improve! She is a smart girl though and she is talking a ton now. Her favorite friend is Kylie who she calls Kyie and she is always wanting her to come over and play. We just moved Peyton into a big girl bed this past weekend and so far it is going great. Much to my surprise she actually stays in bed when you put her down. I don't think she realizes how free she is now...I"m sure that battle will start soon enough! Who knows, maybe she'll surprise me again like she did with the potty training and things will stay great in the bed department. She is completely potty trained now...has been for several months...and she 9 out of 10 times holds it through the night as well. We sleep with pull ups on but usually they are completely dry.
Well, enough about the kids! Brandon's job finally slowed down just before the holidays and it has been nice having him home. He still goes to Dallas usually once a week and that is just part of a new role he has at TI. We are going to try out the South Beach diet starting next week. Unfortunately we have both put on the pounds. I still have baby weight to get rid of from my pregnancy with Peyton. Ryan of course added several belly rolls as well so I've got some work to do. I did get motivated enough yesterday to do one of my Firm workouts! Of course I havn't been able to move much today since I rolled out of bed feeling like I got hit by a car. But, for me it is usually all or nothing. Maybe I need to work on moderation this year! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!


1 comment:

Ladybug said...

Don't feel bad - Nyssa is 12.5 months old and still has NO teeth! Since we're still nursing it's not a big deal and I am in no hurry for her to get them, but I'm starting to wonder if she has any in there!

Love the photos - Peyton in the toybox is too cute! Nyssa has that same pop-up toy and we LOVE the busy ball popper around here!

Glad your parents are moving in two weeks - that'll be great to have them so close.