Sunday, November 25, 2007

White Thanksgiving






Well, I am a born and raised Texan and I am still always amazed by the weather around here! Only in Texas can it be 82 one day and then 30 and snowing the next. We were still in Abilene this past week and it started snowing around noon on Thanksgiving day. I think we had a total of 5 inches that day. It was so pretty and great weather for Christmas shopping the next day. Usually when it snows in Texas, you get a little bit of snow and a lot of ice, but this time we only had snow. Ryan thought it was pretty neat. Peyton was having a cranky day and wasn't really interested in being out in the cold. Especially since neither of my kids own a coat or a hat at the moment. It really hasn't been cold enough for anything more than heavy sweatshirts so I havn't bothered to shop for them yet, but guess we need to now that we've had a few cold days in a row. As you can see from the pictures, they were just wearing layers of clothes and had their heads wrapped in scarves! I don't think it snows very often in Austin, so this was likely the only snow they will see this year. We got home to Hutto yesterday and got started decorating the house for Christmas. It is cold here and rainy, but no snow. I talked to my mom this afternoon and they just had another 7 or 8 inches this afternoon in Abilene. The first picture is our matching Christmas pj's we found at GAP. I had to order some online from Old Navy since they didn't have our sizes in the store. They should be here this week! Yeah!! Hopefully I'll get some really good holiday pictures to share with you this Christmas. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Those are great pics! I can't believe Abilene got so much snow. We had nothing but rain all weekend here. Snow is so pretty, and perfect for a festive holiday mood.

Sonya Terrell said...

Wow! you were so lucky! I love the snow!

Hope all is well! Love ya!

Steph said...

What fun!!! I love your pictures!